Dr. Dao Specializes in Laparoscopic Surgery, he offers the following services:
- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication for repair of hiatal hernias and treatment of GERD
- Laparoscopic repairs of inguinal hernias, incisional hernias, ventral hernias and umbilical hernias
- Laparoscopic placement of peritoneal dialysis catheters
- Laparoscopic stomach and intestinal surgery for cancers and benign disease
- Breast surgery for cancers and benign lesions
- Skin surgery for cancers and benign lesions such as moles, tags, and lipomas
- Thyroid surgery
- Colonoscopies and gastroscopies
- Hemorrhoidal treatments and surgeries
What is Laparoscopic Surgery?
A class of surgical procedures performed through very small incisions in the abdomen, using specialized instruments. A pencil-thin viewing mechanism called a laparoscope is used to provide access and visibility inside of the abdominal cavity. Laparoscopic surgery patients have faster recovery time and less pain.